This is a washable three layers batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Kupu-kupu Pager, which shows a Butterfly pattern.
- This pattern was made using a combination of hand stamp with copper blocks and hand drawn 'canting' batik technique.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- This is not a medical grade face mask.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
"The best-performing design [was] a two-layer mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
I was really looking forward to using this face mask. I like the fabric. I like that it has a pocket for a filter, and it has a nose piece to keep it in place, but unless I make the ear straps really tight, the mask moves off my nose when I talk. Doing that makes the mask fit almost too tightly. I have noticed many people need to keep putting their masks in place. I think if this one was a bit deeper around the chin, this sliding problem might not occur. I will still use it, but not if I need to do a lot of talking because the sliding down issue is problematic.
Gili Collection Batik Face Mask - Butterfly
This is the first mask I found that is equally beautiful and comfortable!
I only wish it had come with disposable filters.
High quality, very happy with purchase