Gili Collection Batik Face Covering - Butterfly
Couldn't load pickup availability
"The best-performing design was a [covering] made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers batik face covering handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Kupu-kupu Pager, which shows a Butterfly pattern.
- This pattern was made using a combination of hand stamp with copper blocks and hand drawn 'canting' batik technique.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face covering, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face coverings separate from other garments.
- Get a matching batik scarf in Butterfly.
- No returns or exchanges on face covering.
- This is a non-medical grade face covering. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a covering without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
The elastic on the ear pieces is too "relaxed" and the plastic stops come off too easily which makes it difficult to adjust in the first place, and impossible to adjust in the second place. Otherwise, graphic design and construction are fine. I am discouraged because I don't think these lovely masks will be usable long enough to justify my investment. This is true for all three that I purchased.
I really like these face masks. They are well made. Comfortable to wear.
I have 6? Or more kasih masks and they are not all created equal. The first couple I bought didn’t have the metal nose strip which I need because I wear glasses. The next group I bought are my favorites! They fit well, have the nose strips, and I love the prints. The last two I bought are pretty, have nose strips, but they are big-cover my face big. All wearable, all attractive, just not all my favorites.
Love Love ❤️
Order came quickly, they are lovely fabric. Fit is very good. Love these masks!!
Kasih Co-op shares the culture and craft of Indonesia
Experience the beauty of artisanal textile and home goods.
Our name 'Kasih' means to love or to care in Indonesian and we partner with our artisans to bring small handcrafted Indonesian goods.