This is a suar wood salad bowl that is handmade by artisans in Jepara, Java, Indonesia sourced from Indonesian government certified lumber producer.
- The wood is first kiln dried to reduce the moisture content of wood before its use. The artisans then handmade the wood to end products by shaping it to form the salad bowl. The bowl is then finished and polished with beeswax to protect the woods. This treatment is food safe.
- Because each bowl is handmade, there will be some variations in color, shape and size.
- Size: 12inches x 10inches x 7inches
- Perfect for serving salad, fruit, chips, pasta or resting dough. Each bowl is heavy at about ~3 lbs weight. It is made from one solid wood instead of pieces of wood glued together.
- Because each item is handmade, there will be some variations in color, shape and size.
- We source our wood from Indonesian government certified lumber producer, what is called SVLK (Surat Verifikasi Legal Kayu) in Indonesia. This ensures our goods do not come from illegal logging.
This listing is only for the suar wood bowl and not with the spoon and fork set. Take a look at our set of spoon and fork salad utensil here.
Based on 9 reviews
Ordered the bowl and it came fast! The box was partly ripped apart, but the item was fine thankfully. The wood bowl is beautiful. It will be enjoyed.
It was an excellent gift and came right on time!! Would definitely get it again.
I bought this for my dad for Christmas and it was a total hit. As an Italian family who makes a tremendous amount of salads, this bowl will be put to great use!