"The best-performing design was a [face covering] made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers rectangle batik face covering handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Bunga Kotak which translates to flower in a box pattern, and the color reminds us of harvest time.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, can be expanded up to 7.4".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face covering, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face coverings separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face covering.
- This is a non-medical grade face covering. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a covering without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
It is too thick. Can't breathe through it. Love the batik styling. Just not comfortable to wear.
I now own five of this style of facemask in different fabric patterns. They are the most comfortable facemasks I own. The nose wire AND the expandle pleats help with keeping both my nose and mouth covered while wearing and talking. Can't beat the comfort, style, price and protection of these cloth masks.
I like these masks quite a lot. The slit for the mask is big enough that putting a mask in is easy, and the adjustable ear loops are comfortable. It would be a bit better if the ear loops weren't fixed as an attachment to the main fabric. If they could be strung through an open "tube" along the sides, so that the edges could be scrunched up or pulled taut, that would allow for more adjustability. But I like the fact that they're tall, from top by the nose to the bottom of the chin. They feel more secure that way.
Product was as described and met my expectations. It's pretty. Thank you!