This is a washable three layers rectangle batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This batik pattern is called Batu Pecah, which translates to Broken Stone.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, can be expanded up to 7.4".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- This is not a medical grade face mask.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
"The best-performing design [was] a two-layer mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
These really are good masks. The fabric is thick, the adjustable ear pieces work, and you can mostly see out of your glasses when you’re wearing them. Zero stars for COVID, but five for this mask!
As a person who wears glasses, masks are especially challenging. The nose wire keeps the mask close to my nose, so my glasses don't fog up. I love the roomier feeling of the mask, and the batik has a pleasant smell and feel. By far my favorite mask (I now own 4 in various colors)
Love the adjustable straps
And it is comfortable!
Although I generally prefer the other shape, this rectangular one is just as good.
Holds my filter when I need it and is multi-layered, good quality fabric and construction.