"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers rectangle batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Udan Liris, which translates to Drizzling Rain. The rain is viewed as a prosperity symbol in Indonesia as it is watering the soil.
- This pattern was made using a combination of hand stamp with copper blocks and hand drawn 'canting' batik technique.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, can be expanded up to 7.4".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
These masks are beautiful, fit all-size faces because they are pleated, stay up with nose wire, washable and comfortable. The perfect mask!
I spent a long time deciding which masks to purchase after being presented with so many options on FaceBook. I chose Kasih because they looked lovely, and I liked their story. I was not disappointed. They are truly beautiful, as well as being the most comfortable and breathable masks I now own.
This mask is so comfortable I don't mind wearing it at all. The design is really pretty and the quality of the fabric is excellent!
I've been ordering all kinds of masks for the past 10 months, and this one has been the best so far. Has the nosewire, adjustable ear loops, the pocket for a filter, and the patterns are fun to wear. My husband enjoys his too. If thins drags on longer, I'll order more.
Great product- smaller face. Doesn’t fit my husband very well but works great for me.