"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers rectangle batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is hand drawn batik (aka batik tulis) made by 'canting' tool by artisans in Java using centuries old wax and dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Mega Mendung and it translates to Cloudy Cloud.
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, can be expanded up to 7.4".
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
It is too thick. Can't breathe through it. Love the batik styling. Just not comfortable to wear.
I now own five of this style of facemask in different fabric patterns. They are the most comfortable facemasks I own. The nose wire AND the expandle pleats help with keeping both my nose and mouth covered while wearing and talking. Can't beat the comfort, style, price and protection of these cloth masks.
I like these masks quite a lot. The slit for the mask is big enough that putting a mask in is easy, and the adjustable ear loops are comfortable. It would be a bit better if the ear loops weren't fixed as an attachment to the main fabric. If they could be strung through an open "tube" along the sides, so that the edges could be scrunched up or pulled taut, that would allow for more adjustability. But I like the fact that they're tall, from top by the nose to the bottom of the chin. They feel more secure that way.
Product was as described and met my expectations. It's pretty. Thank you!