"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Parang Kawung, which has the Machete and Flower petals. This batik pattern is traditionally only reserved for Indonesian royalties to wear.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
When I first got the masks I thought they were way too big. I have a small and narrow face. I washed them and when they were slightly damp I shaped it. I pulled the elastic a bit to gather the edges and then shaped it to my face. It now fits perfectly and is extremely comfortable. Since it covers and fits the face well I feel like it offers good protection. I hope you will add more colors soon.
Pattern picture was nicer. Large. Gave to husband, but hasn’t worn. Material nice.
love the print and the mask is adjustable so it works !!
Fast delivery. Beautiful fabric.Great fit
Comfortable, secure, pretty. Washes well. Very satisfied