"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This batik pattern is called Mega Mendung and we call this Storm.
- This pattern was made using a combination of hand stamp with copper blocks and hand drawn 'canting' batik technique.
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
I ordered 2- Storm& Star design, received it in 7 days. Like the fabric feel, well made compared to others, some seams off. Wish the seamstress looked at the fabric pattern prior to sewing. Now I have to wear it on reverse to show the nice design. 2nd picture reverse side. Otherwise, better than others!
This came just as I was about to travel, and I felt so protected (added an extra layer underneath). I've received a ton of compliments as well.
Even better than the first one. It now has a wire embedded in the mask so that the mask fits snugly over the nose.
Nice, well-made mask, though a little too big on the sides for me.
Love this mask