"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This batik pattern is called Mega Mendung and we call this Storm.
- This pattern was made using a combination of hand stamp with copper blocks and hand drawn 'canting' batik technique.
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Fit better than most...
It fits great, is comfortable..will purchase more♡♡♡
I ordered two batik masks from the Gili Collection for the holidays - a red one and a blue one. I really like the prints and the colors are very vivid and look good with different things. I found the masks are well made with elastic ear straps as well as a pocket for an additional filter to be placed into. They did have a strong odor, but it is due to the dyes, I believe and wears out of the fabric. The cotton fabric is very nice, and the masks go with many things! I definitely recommend these masks! There are lots of colorful patterns in the batik prints to choose from on the Kasih website. Very practical, but also nice-looking!
Very cute mask nice coverage however the inside fabric gets inhaled. Needs some sort of stiffener worst so down so it doesn’t go up your nose.
I really appreciate the colors available. I fits very well and have
no problem with it.