"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This batik pattern is called Batu Pecah, which translates to Broken Stone.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
Well constructed, attractive and comfortable
I’m okay rating the mask but why does your system INSIST on a written review too? A little tyrannical, doncha think?
Nice but gaps a bit on the sides
I have bought several types of masks since March and this one is my favorite so far for the following reasons: 1) it’s big enough to comfortably cover my nose as well as cup beneath the chin; 2) it breathable at 100% cotton; 3) it has a pouch to hold filters which I do use; 4) it has adjustable ear straps; 5) washes nicely - I wash inside a net for delicates and lay out to dry naturally; 6) it has a nose wire which mostly prevents my glasses from fogging up; and 7) it is very attractive!