This is a Teak wood salad bowl that is handmade by artisans in Jogjakarta, Java, Indonesia sourced from Indonesian government certified lumber producer.
- The wood is first kiln dried to reduce the moisture content of wood before its use. The artisans then handmade the wood to end products by shaping it to form the salad bowl. The bowl is then finished and polished with beeswax to protect the woods. This treatment is food safe.
- Because each bowl is handmade, there will be some variations in color, shape and size.
- Size: 12 inches x 12 inches x2.5 inches
- Perfect for serving salad, fruit, chips, pasta or resting dough. Each bowl is heavy at about ~3 lbs weight. It is made from one solid wood instead of pieces of wood glued together.
- Because each item is handmade, there will be some variations in color, shape and size.
- We source our wood from Indonesian government certified lumber producer, what is called SVLK (Surat Verifikasi Legal Kayu) in Indonesia. This ensures our goods do not come from illegal logging.
This listing is only for the suar wood bowl and not with the spoon and fork set. Take a look at our set of spoon and fork salad utensil here.