"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is hand-drawn batik called batik Lasem made by 'canting' tool by artisans from Central Java using centuries old wax and dye batik technique aka batik tulis. Batik Lasem is famous for its bright colors.
- This pattern is called Sisik Gringsing which translates to Scales & Gringsing. Gringsing pattern is traditionally believed to ward off evil and illness. Batik Lasem is known to marry the Chinese and Indonesian culture and famous for its bright colors.
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
Gili Collection Batik Face Covering - Orange Dream - Hand Drawn Batik
Kasih coop masks are my favorite. I own 7 of them. They are the most comfortable, provide great coverage, are soft, yet structured enough to stay off your nose & mouth when you inhale. For travel, they are the best because you can keep them on for a long time comfortably. I also like that the inside has two vertical openings for you to easily slide in a filter. They also launder well and look good after many washings. I do love most of their prints but wouldn’t mind a plain black version.
My favorite masks!! I have several of the different prints and have loved every one. I find them extremely comfortable and they really reduce glasses fog!!
Really good masks