This is a teak wood root salad bowl that is handmade by artisans in Jogjakarta, Java, Indonesia sourced from Indonesian government certified lumber producer.
- The wood is first kiln dried to reduce the moisture content of wood before its use. The artisans then handmade the wood to end products by shaping it to form the salad bowl. The bowl is then finished and polished with beeswax to protect the woods. This treatment is food safe.
- Because each bowl is handmade, there will be some variations in color, shape and size.
- Size: 11.8 inches x 11 inches x 4.7 inches
- Perfect for serving salad, fruit, chips, pasta or resting dough. It is made from one solid wood instead of pieces of wood glued together.
- Because each item is handmade, there will be some variations in color, shape and size.
- We source our wood from Indonesian government certified lumber producer, what is called SVLK (Surat Verifikasi Legal Kayu) in Indonesia. This ensures our goods do not come from illegal logging.
This listing is only for the teak wood bowl and not with the spoon and fork set. Take a look at our set of spoon and fork salad utensil here.
Teak wood has natural oil and rubber that makes it perfect and long lasting for kitchenware.
Teak wood is native to the tropics and is very commonly found in Southeast Asia and especially in Indonesia. Teak wood is one of the most valued and most expensive compared to other woods, such as acacia, pine or oak. Teak wood has high amount of natural oil and rubber and is more weather-resistant than other woods. This is why you'll find teak wood more commonly used as outdoor furniture or kitchenware.
You can also use this teak wood bowl as tray decoration or shelving decorations.