Traditional hand-drawn batik making set. We offer batik-making tools that can be easily used at home.
HAND-DRAWN BATIK TOOL KIT
- 11.8" x 11.8" cotton fabric
- a canting tool
- one pattern to copy. The pattern is showcasing Cloudy Cloud or Mega Mendung pattern that is common batik pattern from Cirebon, Indonesia
- A frame
- 4 paint colors: green, red, blue, orange
How to Make Hand-Drawn Batik:
- Trace the design onto the fabric.
- Stretch and secure the fabric on the frame.
- Heat the wax in a pan over a flame.
- Use the canting tool to apply the wax to the fabric following the pattern until it penetrates to the back.
- After completing the batik, color it with the desired paint colors.
This batik making kit require you to color inside the pattern instead of dipping the entire fabric into dye.