"The best-performing design was a [covering] made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers rectangle batik face covering handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Kembang Bintang, which translates to Flower and Star.
- This pattern was made using a combination of hand stamp with copper blocks and hand drawn 'canting' batik technique.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, can be expanded up to 7.4".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face covering, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face coverings separate from other garments.
- Get a matching batik scarf in Star.
- No returns or exchanges on face covering.
- This is a non-medical grade face covering. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a covering without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
fits better and covers better, but doesn't stay on my ears.
I like this mask very much, and am happy to be able to support a co-op while keeping safe. Service was prompt. The mask is attractive and comfortable.
Good quality and design. Well made, depth is good but not wide enough. Disappointed, as I would have ordered more for family, friends and self. Need to be at least nine inches wide for good coverage.
The fabric is pretty and interesting. The mask is comfortably breathable and the adjustable ear loops help it stay on without killing my ears.
Great fit and quite comfortable!