This is a hand-dyed and hand-stamped batik bandana, handmade by artisans. This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This fabric is made from tightly woven cotton fabric that feels more substantial than the flowy thinner bandana fabric.
- This bandana is made from white cotton fabric that is then hand-stamped and hand-dyed using 700 years old batik wax and dye technique. The batik fabric is also then sun baked. You should expect some variation of the color.
- This pattern is called Sekar Jagad
- Size: 21"x21"
- Made with 100% cotton fabric
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik separate from other garments.
I've been looking at the bandanas through Kasih Co-op for a while. When COVID was at its height, I ordered a batik mask from them. I was amazed at the quality of the fabric and the flexibility and ease with which I could wear the mask.
Recently, I had a personal milestone, the culmination of several years of work. I decided to treat myself to something I would not only use but would enjoy because of its beauty and quality. I selected the Sekar Jagad in Autumn bandana. When it arrived, I was doubly delighted by the extraordinary quality of the finely woven cotton, and the beautiful traditional design in an autumn gold. I washed it in cold water, did not notice fading, and hung it to dry.
While this bandana will probably last me a good amount of time, I don't think I can wait for it to wear out to order another! Very happy to support an independently woman-owned company, and the artisans they employ. Treat yourself! Treat your friends and your family, bring a little beauty into their lives. Thank you, Kasih Co-op!