A Look Into Our South East Asian Influenced Formal Living Room
When our founder, Ivana, moved into her home a few years ago with two children under two years old, she knew that she wanted a different formal living room in her home, one without any couch and a place for 'lesehan', an Indonesian word that means to sit and relax on the floor, typically while eating or enjoying snacks.
Ivana incorporated Kasih Co-op's handwoven ikat poufs and handwoven ikat pillows for her living room. For most of the furniture, she looked at Facebook Marketplace for the used chinese/ thai low coffee table, the pair of Baker furniture 60 years old Chinese Ming chair was found on Craigslist and a few other finds from antique stores or online.
At first,Ivana struggled with the various different wood tone on the living room. However, the handwoven ikat pillows and poufs married all together well. The wooden Chinese bench is a really heavy 100 years old oak bench found on an antique store, 2 hours away from home.
So far, her six and four years old children love making forts with the poufs and building imaginary castles with her pouf. Her four year old has accidentally dented the 60 years old Chinese Ming Baker furniture by banging his Halloween costume prop axe onto the chair. She brought over the Indonesian traditional game congklak on her coffee table and has taught her children how to play it.
The newest addition to the formal living room of course is the rattan basket filled with various clean handmade batik face masks from our collection.
- Kasih Co-op's Ikat Poufs (sold as cover only and you can fill in with polyfill stuffing from Michael's or Amazon or old clothes and old sheets)
- Kasih Co-op's Ikat Pillows
- Blue ikat pillow, black ikat pillow in Papua pattern in 16"x16" (smaller than what's pictured since we are sold out in 20"x20"), pink ikat pillow on our wooden bench
- Kasih Co-op's batik scarves/shawls/ sarong in Royalty pattern
- Kasih Co-op's batik face masks on our entry table
- Baker furniture Chinese Ming style dining chairs, such as this one
- Woven fiber garden stool, found on HomeGoods. This one is something similar.
- Crate & Barrel Jackson Tripod Floor Lamp
- Ikea Skogsta Wood Bench
- Chinese vase, chinese oak wood bench, framed painting from a few antique store such as bts thrif store
- Rattan table from The Company Store but it has been discontinued.
- Indonesian dragon head congklak game, handcrafted custom Balinese barong statue. Let us know if you are interested for us to carry these items.