"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is hand-drawn batik called batik Lasem made by 'canting' tool by artisans from Central Java using centuries old wax and dye batik technique aka batik tulis. Batik Lasem is famous for its bright colors.
- This pattern is called Geringsing. Gering means sickness and sing means not. This pattern was traditionally believed to ward off evils and illness.
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
These are the most adjustable and best coverage masks I have found. I like the option these masks have of adding a filter with the pocket. I have purchased several for myself and a few for gifts, as I know they are adjustable. The fabric and colors are beautiful. I’m wearing the Kasihcoop mask with a filter while visiting outdoors with my granddaughter.
The most comfortable and best looking ones I have!
Love the colors and quality. Fast shipping too.
It is hard to buy masks without knowing how they will fit. This mask is beautiful but just too big for my face. There is also me adjustment but it still gaps on the sides. Hoping to find somebody to whom I can gift the mask.