"The best-performing design was a mask made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
This is a washable three layers rectangle batik face mask handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This pattern is called Ranting, which translates to Twigs.
- 8.2" wide and 3.5" tall, can be expanded up to 7.4".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face mask, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face masks separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face mask.
- This is a non-medical grade face mask. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a mask without assistance.
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect size rectangle if you want to put it over a medical mask ( or not). I got the yellow twig design, it’s beautiful fabric and lightweight for summer
I purchased both the original with the larger profile and nose guard, as well as the design that is rectangular with accordion pleats and fits around the ear. The masks are just too large, the fabric is beautiful BUT not as thick as other masks I have from another source, and when resizing the elastic around the ear enough to make the mask stay, my ears hurt. I purchased several for my family, and my son who has a larger head said the same thing about his ears hurting. I simply don’t feel as safe or secure in these masks, and will go back to my original source.
I have 6 masks from Kasih. The fabrics are substantial and beautiful. When ordering take care: There are two types of masks - one has a nose wire, and one does not. The masks without the nose wire are a lighter weight. I use these to wear over a surgical or KN95 mask. The ones with a nose wire are not substantial and I wear these alone, with a filter in the filter pocket. I love both styles. The fabrics are gorgeous and quality. I would definitely order from them again.
This is a multi-layer, washable mask with a nose wire and filter pocket. The design is beautiful and the quality seems to be good. It’s made for a medium or larger face.