Because our face coverings are hand cut and hand sewn, this pattern is slightly wider at ~9" compared to our original Gili collection at 8.2".
This is a washable three layers batik face covering handmade by artisans.
- Has nose wire and adjustable elastic ear strap.
- This fabric is handmade by artisans in Java using centuries old wax & dye batik technique.
- This batik pattern is called Kupu Kerang, which translates to Seashell Butterfly.
- 9" wide and 3.5" tall, nose to chin height of 5.5".
- 100% tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Total of three layers batik face covering, including the pocket layer.
- Has pocket for filter. Filter is not included in this sale.
- Machine washable in cold and air dry. Wash batik face coverings separate from other garments.
- No returns or exchanges on face covering.
- This is a non-medical grade face covering. They are not intended for use in a medical or clinical setting, nor are they meant to replace medical-grade PPE and measures recommended by the CDC. They are designed for adult use only and should not be worn by anyone with breathing or respiratory conditions or those unable to remove a covering without assistance.
"The best-performing design was a [covering] made with thick batik fabric." - The New York Times
"You do want to use a woven fabric, like batik." - NBC News
Note: Due to variations of pattern on batik fabric, the final fabric maybe different from the ones pictured.
I ordered an assortment of the batik masks, and I'm very pleased with the quality of the masks. The patterns are lovely too! I would order these again. They arrived quickly, and well packed.
I have a bunch of Kasih face coverings -- love the fabrics. Be sure to wash them before wearing, though. I was traveling in Japan, wearing my new masks almost all day, indoors and outdoors. Very comfortable, even with an added filter. However, I ended up with a red rash on my nose. Benadryl creme solved the problem, but for buyers who aren't traveling right away -- wash first! If no time, then pack Benadryl!
This is my second order, and I'm very pleased with the masks. I still take measures to distance and mask where I feel there's too many people too close together, and in those situations I wear can 95. However, I add filter inserts with these masks and I enjoy them where there is less crowding. I enjoy your updated patterns and colors, and I always find the quality exceptional and the Fabrics creative and interesting.
My favorite way to protect my face. And be stylish in an Indonesian way as well. Highly recommended!
Just love my many masks from here. Always get compliments. I especially like helping women be independent, so that’s an added bonus to their beautiful fabrics and work.